Film Forming Fluoro Protein
Foam Concentrate 3% & 6%
The blend of fluoro chemicals selected is effective in reducing the surface tension of water as well as the interfacial tension between water and oil sufficiently low to give stable film on the surface of the fuel and as a result it gives fire extinguishing rates superior to those obtained with synthetic based compounds. Incorporation of protein in the formulation produces a thick visible blanket which has exceptional Burn back resistance.
C-Guard FP / FFFP is intended for use on B class hydrocarbon fuel fires such as oil, petroleum and aviation fuels. C-Guard FP can be applied directly onto the fire surface and is also suitable for subsurface injection. It is compatible with all dry powders and can be used in dry powder/foam twin agent systems.
Fire Performance & Foaming:
The fire performance of FP/FFFP is measured at 3% concentration The expansion will vary depending on the performance characteristics of the equipment used. When tested at 3% concentration, 25% drainage time of not less than 3.5 minutes (normally 4.5 min)
C-Guard FP/FFFP Can easily be proportioned at the correct dilution using conventional equipment such as:
- In-line inductors
- Balanced pressure, variable flow proportioning systems
- Bladder tanks
- Around the pump proportioning systems
- Water turbine driven foam proportioners
- Self inducting branch pipes and nozzles
- Model: FP-300 -FP- 600
- Appearance Clear: Dark brown liquid Specific gravity at 20°C: 1.17 /- 0.01 g/ml Viscosity at 20°C: < 20
- pH: 7.0 8.5 ± 1.0
- Freezing point: – 5°C
- Storage Temperature: 1°C — 55°C Suspended sediment: 0.25%
- Test Standard: BS EN 1568:3 2008 Approvals: CE Approval Certificate EN Certified
- Warrantee: 08 years
C-Guard FP/FFFP 3% or 6% can be supplied in 25 liter cans and 200 liter drums. We can also ship in 1000 liter containers or in bulk.